30 May Bid Reviews – the three steps to success
Following on from our blog last week introducing the three steps to a successful bid review, we take the time to look at the technical review. This is also known as the Red Review as the second step in the bid review process.
At this stage in the tender process you will have written your responses and completed any questionnaires and forms. Now you need to get a manager or senior team member to review the Bid. Whoever is completing this review needs to have a full understanding of the tender and its requirements.
- Check the content against the mark scheme, does it answer the question?
- Is it easy for the assessor to find the answers, use headings from the mark scheme – make it easy.
- Research – does the response show that you have read the spec and understand the buyer and what they are looking for. It is very easy to fall into the copy and paste generic response trap.
- Is there evidence of experience?
- Are the benefits of your company jumping off the paper? Will this beat the competition?
Once the review has been made, it is time to send it back to the writer for amendments and suggestions to be considered. Once the changes have been made, it is ready for a submission review which we will cover in next week’s Blog.
At Bid & Tender Support we offer all aspect of Bid & Tender reviews, so if you are interested in outsourcing to our expert bid consultants, please contact us today by calling 01908 382 414 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org