28 Mar 5 Top tips for Bid Planning
Even with an understanding of the bid writing process, no two bids are the same, there can be so much variation. It is therefore essential to have a consistent approach to planning out your approach to each Bid to make the best use of your time/resource.
Our Bid Writing Experts at Bid & Tender Support have come up with 5 quick stages we would recommend following to make your Bid Plan Perfect.
- Tender Information & Submission Instruction. Have a consistent process for collating key information:
- Name of Client, Tender Title, Contract ref Number, Contact Name and Details and Brief Description
- Format & Delivery Instructions – Portal Link, log In, Postal Address, Stipulations on Copies, File Format, Binding Allowance, Type of Media for Electronic Copies
- Bid Team Allocated to Work on this Bid – who needs to be involved and what will they be responsible for i.e. Bid Manager/Owner, Bid Writer, Proofreaders, Technical Input, Pricing, Compliance, Legals
- Bid Timetable for Completion – Kick Off Meeting to Completion and Submission including Follow Ups
- Key Document Checklist/Information
- List all documents required with the Submission
- Check off what is ready to go, what needs updating and what needs creating
- Allocate responsibility for each document with timescales for return and track progress
- Contact external parties if documents are beyond internal capability or capacity
- Integrate Content Plan into Response Document Template (see top tips on Monthly Rounds Up)
- Established File Structure – Have a clear file structure so that everyone is aware where everything is for the Tender
- Library of works – Pre planning is a great way to save time, when you have those quieter times, build a library of policies, documents, certificates that you are likely to need in most tenders.
- Communication – Hold weekly meetings to review the process, if your deadline is short then hold them more frequently. This way you will be able to see if things are on track or at risk of falling off track.
With a great plan, you can achieve great things. But we understand all of this takes time, so if you need an extra pair of hands to help – get in touch and we can provide a flexible service to meet your specific Bid Writing and Management requirements. [email protected] or call 01908 382414.