Bid Strategy & Training
Developing a Bid Strategy
Businesses who fail to prepare, must prepare to fail. This could not be truer than in the world of bidding for work. Quite often contracts are lost and submissions fail due to the overall Business Strategy being poorly aligned to the opportunities being targeted by the Business Development Team. Or purely for not having the resources, processes or strategic operations in place to deliver, weaknesses can then come across in the bid.
By carefully identifying opportunities which are well aligned and by gathering Market and Client Intelligence prior to tendering for work, the rate of success is greatly increased. Knowing your capabilities, market and clients ensures we can construct bids that meet their needs and are competitive. This time consuming activity is rarely done effectively in-house due to a lack of Human Resource.
Our Team can work with you to review the Bid Strategy and Plan and put in place a realistic Framework from which you can win work. Our bid strategy work recognises the following elements:
• The importance of a Business Growth Plan, Sales Pipeline and effective Business Development
• Targeted bidding and tendering leading to increased win rate and profitable work
• Role of Market Research
• Management of multiple bids, teams and locations
• Centralised consistent approach to bidding
• Overall resource & process management
Creating the Bid Library
Creating Libraries of documents, streamlines your future approach to writing bids and tenders reducing time spent on creating winning documents. Filing and managing feedback from unsuccessful tenders is just as important as filing successful tenders; it captures where lessons can be learnt and improvements made.
We have a Checklist for creating your Bid Library – get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request your copy.
Training & Workshops
Our bespoke Bid and Tender training courses and workshops are designed to meet the needs of individual organisations, delivered by expert and experienced professionals. Our training courses will enable your teams to deliver winning bids by understanding and developing an effective bid management process and the latest tools and techniques.
Training can either be delivered in-house to your Team, where content is specific to your Company, Industry and Skills Gaps or join us on one of Bid Smart Workshops where we cover the essentials in working smart to ensure success through Bidding and Tendering for work.
Content Topics and Examples include:
- Choosing the Right Bid Opportunities
- Understanding the tender instructions and documentation including Marking Criteria
- Managing the Bid from start to finish
- Incorporating Account Managers, Market and Client Intelligence
- Content Planning and Mapping out the Bid
- Productive Bid Writing Techniques
- Structures for Bid Reviews and Red Team Reviews
- Capturing Lessons Learnt and Continuous Improvements
Our training can be used as Continuous Professional Development for individuals as well as Coaching for achieving the goals of Individual Development Plans
Dates and Details for our Bid Smart Workshops for 2017 will be released soon, if you’d like to be sent details directly. Please let us know by emailing email@example.com:
March 2017 – Milton Keynes
May 2017 – London
October 2017 – Northampton
November 2017 – London